I often tout the romantic vision of food, gathering over food, the people who sit beside you and the joy that comes from that gathering. Christine Vasquez shares the same intensity and love that I do, which is why she created FORK.
As of last month, they moved on from their brick and mortar space in downtown Louisville’s Main Street, but have stuck with the concept to “create and collaborate on fun and memorable experiences based around food, drink and conviviality.” They also offer restaurant and hospitality consulting.
I did get a chance to visit their brick and mortar, but more importantly, they will continue hosting interesting classes around food collaborating with local food personalities and creators as well as dinners with chefs.
Christine is vivacious and whenever I’m around her, there is a lot of laughing and joking that ensues. Her interest in cohesiveness and bringing together community is kin to mine and I couldn’t be happier to sharing what FORK is up to.
Here are some upcoming events you should seriously consider that FORK is hosting:
- Pasta On the Patio Dinner at The Bitter Bar on September 23rd. Each course (including dessert) will be pasta based. $75
- Spicy Chocolate Class at Savory Spice Shop on September 27th
- Sauce Making at The Bitter Bar on October 21 with Chef Joe Arena. $60
- Cocktail Class at The Bitter Bar on December 9th with Mixologist, James Lee. Learn to make 3 cocktails (including holiday ones). $50
- Bitter Bar dinner series: October 28th Pumpkin, December 16th Festive Family Style
To reserve any of these dinners or classes: firstname.lastname@example.org or 720.226.5291