Note: This is a guest post from one of my first friends from college, Natalie who has been abroad in the Peace Corps around Latin America. She is such a supporter of this blog and she sent an authentic guacamole recipe from her friend and chef, Julio from Veracruz, Mexico.
From Grace: There are few things better than fresh guacamole and a cold margarita on the rocks. Preferably, I’m beachside with my favorite people but the combo of the two makes me tickled with happiness. I love this guac recipe because it adds a kick and is filled with freshness to really heighten itself from out other guacamole. Enjoy!
You Will Need:
- 1 cup of tomatos diced (or two medium sized tomatos)
- 1 medium size jalapeño sliced (leave out seeds if you don’t want it too spicey!)
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1/4 cup sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon cilantro
- salt to taste (half teaspoon mas o menos)
- 3 medium size avacados
- olive oil to taste
- pepper to taste (1/4 teaspoon mas o menos)
- Half of a lime – squeeze juice
Mix the ingredients together and LISTO! You’re ready to serve on top of tacos, mexican salad, meat, tortilla chips or quesadilla. Enjoy!