These are a healthy low carb version of the traditional Rice Krispie treats which is perfect for people who are looking for that healthy option and not something which will not be beneficial to them.
You really don’t need to miss the delicious taste of Rice Krispie when you can enjoy it guilt-free. This is a low-carb recipe that makes use of your favorite ingredients to make it a taste of the past.
Find out more here about the treats and more about how healthy they are for you and what the sugar free options are.
What Are PB Protein Rice Krispie Treats?
Everyone would have heard of rice Krispie as a brand, but are there any recipes which are full of protein and are sugar free?
If you are looking to make some at home, you might want them to be more healthy and better for you, and there are many different recipes which can achieve this.
When people think of anything sugar free, they automatically think there will be a lack of taste and all things nice, but that is not how it has to be because you can get the amazing flavors through other ingredients.
Peanut butter PB protein rice Krispie treats is one of the most popular options to make at home with a very simple recipe and ingredients and it won’t take you long at all to even make batches of them.
They have great texture, slightly chewy but soft still, and are also very healthy and have lots of protein for you.
But how do you keep it low in fat and sugar free? It all depends on the ingredients you are using because you have to think about the flavor and content to make them diet friendly.
What Ingredients Do You Need?
Here is a list of all the ingredients you will need to carry out this low fat and no sugar treats. There is not an enormously long list and it will be simple for you to make, which everyone loves to hear.
- 2½ cup Rice Krispies Cereal, 66g
- ⅓ cup Vanilla Protein Powder, 30g
- 5 Tbsp Peanut Butter Powder, 30g
- 2 Tbsp + 2 tsp Creamy Peanut Butter, 42g
- 2 Tbsp Flaxseed Meal, 13g
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup, Sugar-free recommended below, 30ml
- 3 Tbsp Water, 45ml
- 1½ Tbsp Chocolate Chips, Sugar free recommended, 21g
- ⅛ tsp Coconut Oil
You will be using peanut butter powder and sugar free maple syrup to make sure you are substituting the ingredients that make it more unhealthy.
The vanilla protein powder is also how you will be getting that protein you want as well.
There are so many different options of protein powders you can use to make these and can get them quite cheap online in large quantities.
You can also get sugar free chocolate chips to add in as well which is ideal to make sure you are keeping it completely sugar free. It will still give a great texture to the treat.
How Do You Make Them?
This is a step by step guide of how to make these perfectly.
- Line an 8½ x 4½” loaf pan with parchment paper with some hanging over slightly so you are able to lift them out later on.
- You need to get a big bowl where you can mix all of the ingredients together apart from the rice krispie cereal. This includes the water, powders, syrup and flaxseed meal.
- When all of those ingredients are mixed together fully, you can start to add in the rice krispies and make sure you are folding it into the mix. It is always best to do this bit by bit instead of adding it all in at once because it is easier to fold properly.
- Now you can spread them in a pan to make sure they are all the same and are smoothed out.
- Put it in the freezer to harden for only about 10 minutes because you do not want it to completely freeze.
What About The Chocolate Topping?
- Now it is time to start melting the chocolate chips and the coconut oil. You will be putting them into a microwave safe bowl and microwaving them for 30 seconds, stopping it to stir until completely melted.
- When it is cool, you can start to spread it across the bars which should be solid.
- When they are all spread, you can leave them in the freezer to harden slightly for 10 minutes so they aren’t dripping everywhere when you eat them.
- After this they are cut into 8 different bars. You can do this process over and over for more batches.
Is It Vegan?
Yes, they are vegan because there are no marshmallows in this recipe which would make it non-vegan.
However, you would have to swap out some of the ingredients for vegan protein powders which are very available online. Therefore, they can be vegan, but this specific recipe is not.
You also need to be thinking about the fairy aspect too. Therefore, you will be swapping out the chocolate chips which contain dairy for non-dairy chips instead.
How To Store Them?
There are different ways you are able to store them depending on how long you will be leaving them before eating them.
If you are looking to be eating them within 3 days, you can keep them in an airtight container on the counter.
However, if you want to keep them fresh for longer, if you are looking at having one a day, you can keep them in the fridge and help them last up to a week.
If you are looking to freeze them, they will have to be wrapped separately and placed in airtight containers.
The reason for this is because you need to make sure they are not all getting stuck together. This is ideal for large batches of them because you can keep them in there for 2-3 months.
Overall, this is a great idea for making batches of protein bars instead of spending lots of money from the ones in store because it can be quite expensive after a while.
If you are looking to make big batches, you are able to freeze them for up to 3 months, so you will not be running out of them anytime soon.
Hopefully this guide has introduced a new recipe to you which is healthy and full of protein and will just make your life easier in terms of producing snacks yourself which you can take to work or the gym with you.
Save yourself some money and been have some fun making your own Krispie bars with this delicious recipe right here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Do Bodybuilders Take Rice Krispies?
You need easily digestible carbs to give you quick energy which is exactly what they will give you.
Before a workout, you can only use the energy that is being digested and you can get energy from these fast.
- How To Make A Paleo Detox Smoothie: Berry Cherry Green Edition - April 18, 2023
- How To Make Spicy Paleo Paprika And Thyme Veggie Fries - April 18, 2023
- 15 Mouthwatering Keto Apple Recipes You Need To Try Today - April 18, 2023