If you have ever tried maple bacon crackers, you will likely be addicted to them. They are absolutely delicious and packed full of flavor. To top it all off, they are remarkably easy to make at home! But what about paleo versions of this delicious snack? Well, there are a ton of amazing recipes online.
If you really want to learn how to make this delicious paleo snack for yourself, then you need to make sure to read on.
We have everything you need to know and more regarding making your own delicious spicy paleo maple bacon crackers.
So, let’s dive right in and get started!
What Are You Going To Need?
To start things off, you are going to need ingredients to make the crackers and of course some toppings. In this section, we are going to take a look at what you are going to need to make delicious spicy paleo maple bacon crackers.
Everything you are going to need has been listed below:
- One Sleeve of Club-Style Crackers or Your Favorite Crackers
- One Pound of Bacon
- Half a Cup of Dark Brown Sugar
- A Quarter Cup of Hey Grill Hey Sweet Rub
Bear in mind that you can change up some of your ingredients to suit your tastes and preferences.
In this section, we are going to show you everything you need to know about making a delicious batch of spicy paleo maple bacon crackers.
1. Get Your Oven Preheated
The first thing you need to do is preheat your oven. It should be at 250 degrees Fahrenheit (ca. 121 degree Celsius) before you put anything in the oven.
2. Get Your Crackers Ready
You need to prepare your crackers for baking. For starters, you should arrange your crackers on a flat roasting rack located just above the baking sheet.
3. Place The Bacon On The Crackers
Your bacon should be cut up into little pieces and fit nicely on your crackers. In fact, they should be a little bigger than the crackers.
Simply place each of your pieces of bacon on a cracker, making sure that they do not overlap too much.
4. Season Your Crackers
It is not up to you to add a seasoning of choice to your crackers. We recommend that you start with maple syrup or brown sugar.
Regardless of which one you choose, distribute it evenly across the bacon before you sprinkle some sweet BBQ rub or chili flakes on top.
5. Allow Your Crackers And Bacon To Cook
Place your flat roasting rack from the baking sheet to the smoker. Make sure that the smoker lid is closed before you leave.
Now you need to allow your bacon crackers to smoke for about ninety minutes. Feel free to check your bacon crackers at the sixty-minute mark.
In essence, you are looking for your bacon fat to be rendered and the brown sugar or maple syrup to be entirely dissolved into the meat.
You can cook the bacon for longer or shorter, depending on what you prefer your bacon to be cooked to. For example, we prefer delicious little crispy pieces of bacon.
6. Allow The Bacon Crackers To Cool And Eat Up
Your delicious paleo maple bacon crackers should be done and ready to eat. Just allow them to cool completely before you eat them.
You can eat them on their own or with toppings of your choice, we love them with a little sprinkling of fresh chilies. It adds just a little zing to this delicious snack.
Paleo Maple Bacon Crackers – Nutrition
If you want to know a little more about these delicious yet healthy bacon crackers, you will find the nutritional information illuminating.
- Calories – There are approximately 416 calories per serving.
- Carbohydrates – There are about 29 grams of carbohydrates in one serving
- Protein – About 11 grams of protein is in one serving.
- Fat – There are approximately 31 grams of fat in one serving.
- Saturated Fat – About 10 grams of unsaturated fat are in one serving.
- Polyunsaturated Fat – There are about 5 grams of Polyunsaturated Fat in a serving.
- Monounsaturated Fat – One serving has about 13 grams of Monounsaturated Fat.
- Trans Fat – There is only 1 gram of trans fat in one serving.
- Cholesterol – There are about 50 milligrams of cholesterol in one serving.
- Sodium – One serving has about 510 milligrams of sodium per serving.
- Potassium – There are about 242 milligrams of potassium per serving.
- Fiber – There is only 1 gram of fiber per serving.
- Sugar – One serving only has about 18 grams of sugar.
- Vitamin A – This dish has about 287 IU of vitamin A per serving.
- Vitamin C – There is only one milligram of vitamin C per serving.
- Calcium – There are approximately 117 milligrams of calcium per serving.
- Iron – There are only 4 milligrams of iron per serving.
Bear in mind that the nutritional value of this tasty snack will vary depending on what recipe you are following, what topping you are using, and more.
So, be prepared for your snack to not have this exact nutritional value. This list is merely to give you an idea of what nutrition you can expect to see in a single serving of spicy paleo maple bacon crackers.
We hope that you have enjoyed reading this article and learning how to make these delicious and delightful spicy paleo maple bacon crackers.
They really are a treat, and as you would have found out, they are super easy to make at home. With just a few ingredients, some time, and careful following of instructions, you can enjoy this delicious snack in mere minutes.
If you have enjoyed reading this article, we hope that you will take a moment to check out our website. We have a range of fantastic articles there, some of which you are sure to find interesting and maybe even useful.
Thanks for reading!
- How To Make A Paleo Detox Smoothie: Berry Cherry Green Edition - April 18, 2023
- How To Make Spicy Paleo Paprika And Thyme Veggie Fries - April 18, 2023
- 15 Mouthwatering Keto Apple Recipes You Need To Try Today - April 18, 2023