This traditional vanilla chia pudding only requires four easy-to-find ingredients and is sure to become your go-to recipe for basic chia pudding. It’s perfect for a light breakfast, snacks, or even lunch on the go!
You can even experience a new taste every day by adding an assortment of different toppings to the pudding.
Chai Pudding is surprisingly filling, despite its lightness and refreshing qualities when it’s combined with a variety of fruits.
And if you want even more taste and texture, sprinkle more granola over the mixture before serving.
Making chia seed pudding requires only four basic ingredients and is simple to do.
After mixing all of the ingredients and storing them in the refrigerator, you should have a delicious “superfood” pudding in about four hours.
And if you create your plant milk, you’ll have a raw pudding that’s packed with healthy ingredients!
Here we’re going to show you how to make the best almond milk vanilla chai pudding, and give you some top tips on how to make this dessert every time!
What Is Almond Vanilla Chia Seed Pudding?
This chia pudding with vanilla flavor is wonderful to have for breakfast, as a snack, or even as a dessert.
It’s not only delicious as a sweet treat, but it’s also good for you, so you may have it as often as you want! It’s satisfying, rich in omegas, and packed with protein!
You will find that this recipe may serve as a foundation for a wide number of other flavored chia pudding recipes, such as a layered chia pudding with fruit puree or a strawberry rhubarb (see also: Healthy Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp)chia pudding.
The preparation of this chia seed pudding takes only approximately five minutes and calls for just four basic ingredients.
The Perfect Chia Pudding To Milk Ratio
The ratio of chai seeds to the milk used (whether plant or animal based) will impact the taste and texture of the dessert.
You’ll notice that chia seeds have the potential to expand 10 times their original size if you get the ratio right. This is because chia seeds can absorb 10 times their weight in liquid.
The general ratio that people tend to stick to is at least four parts liquid to one part chia seeds.
This kind of ratio will leave you with a pretty thick dessert, but if this is the kind of texture you love then it will be perfect.
If you want the chai pudding to be a bit thinner, then you may prefer to use a ratio of five or six parts liquid to one-part chia seeds instead.
While the ratio above is taken as the general standard, the perfect ratio for your chia seed dessert will depend on the milk that you’re using.
This means that if you use coconut milk, you might want a little bit more liquid than you would with almond milk because coconut milk tends to be thicker.
After the gel has formed, you can always adjust the consistency of your chia pudding to your liking by stirring in a little bit of extra liquid after it has already been set.
In general, you should use a ratio of 5-1 for your chia pudding because it results in a less thick consistency.
Vanilla Chai Pudding Recipe
- 1/2 cup of chia seeds – these are an essential ingredient in this dish, and we couldn’t prepare them without them. Chia seeds can be either white or black.
- 2 cups of plant-based milk – for this, you can use any sort you like! This recipe uses almond milk, but you can also use cashew
- 3 teaspoons of vanilla extract – this is the good stuff! The flavor is significantly altered as a result of using this, even if you only use a few drops.
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup -this is used as our sweetener. You might also use honey, maple syrup, or any other sticky sweetener that you enjoy.
- Chia seeds, plant-based milk, vanilla extract, and maple syrup should all be combined in a bowl. Let it sit for a few minutes.
- Use a whisk to combine all of the ingredients, whisking them together for one to two minutes, or until the mixture begins to thicken.
- To ensure that the mixture is sufficiently thickened, cover the bowl and keep it in the refrigerator for at least an hour. (If you want the results to be even better, you can prepare this in preparation the night before and store the mixture in the refrigerator overnight.)
- And just like that, you’re done! Your chia pudding is prepared and ready to be served. You can eat it by itself, put it in a bowl, or put it in a cup with some fresh fruit. All of these options are delicious.
- Yogurt, including Greek yogurt, coconut yogurt, and other varieties, etc.
- Berries & fruits
- Jams & compotes
- Nut butter (the runnier the better; we recommend almond butter!)
- Nuts & seeds
- Honey or maple syrup can be drizzled on top.
Top Tips For Making Chai Pudding
- Make plant-based milk or use one of high quality – Because the milk you use makes up the majority of the chia pudding, you must pick milk that has a pleasant flavor if you want your chia pudding to be appetizing.
- Use coconut milk – Choose chia pudding made with coconut milk if you want it to be more decadent and creamy (see also “Vegan Rice Pudding Made With Coconut Milk“). Since coconut milk already contains more fat than other types of milk, using it to make chia pudding will result in a more velvety consistency.
- Mix well – Be sure to thoroughly mix all of the ingredients with a whisk to avoid having chia seeds clump together in your pudding.
- Let it sit for a long time – To get the best possible results, let the mixture “gel” in the refrigerator overnight. By doing this, the chia seeds will have plenty of time to soak up all of the liquid, which will result in the greatest texture possible.
- What if it’s too thick? – If, after taking it from the refrigerator, your chia pudding appears to be overly thick, gradually add additional plant-based milk, a couple of tablespoons at a time, and mix it in until the pudding reaches the desired consistency for you.
- Use mason jars for storage – Mason jars work effectively as storage for chia seed pudding, and the only thing you need to do to get the mixture to set is to shake the jar every few hours. Mason jars are also useful to have if you want to take your dessert on the go.
After the mixture has had a chance to solidify, fill the remaining space in the jars with fruit and use the remaining half of the recipe. It would be great as a snack or meal to take on the move!
- Add dessert spice – For a change of flavor, try sprinkling some cinnamon, cardamom, or other spices similar to those found in desserts over the top.
How Can I Store Chai Pudding?
Your chai pudding will stay fresher in certain environments. Here are a few different ways to store your leftover chai pudding.
Chia pudding can be kept fresh in the refrigerator for up to five days if it is stored in an airtight container or jar.
As the chia seeds soak up more liquid over time, the chia pudding can end up being thicker than it was when you first made it.
If you discover that the chia pudding becomes too thick after being stored, all you need to do is mix in a small amount of almond milk and mix it into the dessert.
Chia pudding can be frozen for up to two months in a container that is safe for use in the freezer.
To defrost the chia pudding, simply place the container on the countertop and leave it there until the pudding is completely defrosted.
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s Better, Overnight Oats Or Chai Pudding?
This is a very difficult question to answer because not only are they both so good, the answer will depend on what you want out of the food nutritionally.
Although overnight oats and chia pudding are both very healthy for you, chia pudding has many additional health benefits, including being grain-free, low in carbs, gluten-free, and having a high protein and fiber content.
Chia pudding is an excellent choice for those who want a grain-free and nutritious option for either breakfast or a snack.
Can Chai Seeds Soak Up Almond Milk?
Yes! Chia seeds can soak up any liquid they come into contact with, including almond milk. They can take in liquids up to ten times their body weight as well.
Why Won’t Why Dessert Thicken Up?
There are a few potential explanations for why the consistency of your chia pudding is not changing.
The first is that you might not be using the appropriate amount of liquid for chia seeds in your recipe. It is recommended that you use one part chia seeds to four parts liquid in this recipe.
You also might not be combining the chia pudding ingredients thoroughly enough.
You should give the chia pudding a good vigorous whisking for at least a minute or two, or until you observe that it has begun to somewhat thicken.
Another common issue is that your chia seeds might have lost their freshness. You should always try to use fresh chia seeds, as dried-up chia seeds may not be able to absorb liquids as effectively as fresh ones.
Why Is My Chai Pudding So Thick?
You might have the opposite problem and your chai pudding could be too thick. If the ratio between the liquid and the chai seeds is off, then the dessert will become very thick.
It could also be that you left it in the fridge, and this off-balance dessert then thickened up even more because of the cold.
If your chai pudding is too thick for your liking and you’re thinking of throwing it away, then stop! Getting the pudding back to the right consistency is very easy to do.
Simply add a few more drops of almond milk (or another liquid of your choice) and stir it into the chia pudding until it reaches the consistency you prefer.
How Long Do I Soak The Chai Seeds For?
If you want the best taste and texture, you should let the chia seeds soak in milk for at least an hour, but ideally for the whole night.
This allows the chia seeds to obtain the ideal texture by providing a long enough time for them to completely absorb all of the liquid.
Is Chai Pudding Healthy?
Yes, this is a very healthy dessert! A chia seed pudding is loaded with healthy nutrients like omega-3s, protein, and fiber.
Just make sure you over-indulge in this pudding, no matter how tasty and irritable it may be. Try to stick to just one a day.
What Does Chai Pudding Taste Like?
Chia pudding has a wonderful flavor overall. These incredible little seeds soak up the milk, turning them into a mostly gelatinous substance.
In terms of texture, chia seed pudding is neither overly seedy nor crunchy in any way.
Where Can I Get My Hands On Some Chia Seeds?
Chia seeds used to be a food hidden by the healthy, and it was nearly impossible to find them. Not anymore though!
Chia seeds are no longer restricted to being sold at health food stores and can now be found with little effort.
Chia seeds are available at Target as well as most other grocery stores. They are typically obtained in a dark color, however, white chia seeds are available for purchase online.
How Should Chia Seeds Be Used?
Chia seeds are a common ingredient in vegan cooking since they may be used in place of eggs as a binder and also as a thickening, as in this pudding.
When you’re not using them to make chia pudding, you may sprinkle them on smoothies, porridge, and salads, or make a drink called chia Fresca, which is a pleasant beverage.
Other Recipe – Cinnamon Apple Pie Chai Pudding
If you’ve tried the vanilla chai seed recipe, then you should give this cinnamon apple pie recipe a go!
Thai dessert tastes perfectly like apple pie! This dish is naturally gluten-free and vegan, making it a great choice for dessert, a snack, or even breakfast.
It also does not contain any added sugar. Simply put, a delicious autumnal treat that everyone will love! If you are a fan of apple pie, you will adore this apple pie chia pudding.
A healthy alternative to apple pie, this chia pudding is made with stewed apples seasoned with maple cinnamon and topped with stewed apples flavored with chia.
- 5 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- 1/3 cup of unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the chia pudding, and then place the bowl in the refrigerator to chill for at least an hour, or even overnight. To ensure that everything is thoroughly combined, give it a thorough whisking for two minutes. After an hour, you should have a combination that is equally thick and creamy.
- Cook the apples in a pan with some coconut oil, then add maple syrup and cinnamon and cook until the apples are tender. You can chop the apples into smaller cubes, or you can leave them in larger slices. You need to give them at least five to eight minutes of cooking time for them to become tender and caramelized.
- The chia pudding should be layered into the bottom of the jars using a spoon, and the apple layer should be added on top of that. This dish can also be prepared in a glass, or even just in a bowl.
- You can eat these chia puddings immediately, or you can cover them and store them in the refrigerator for up to a week. Both the chia pudding and the apple component can be kept separately in the refrigerator until they are ready to be used.
By following the above recipes, you should be able to make some delicious and healthy chia seed puddings for you to have as a healthy breakfast, lunch, or treat!
- How To Make A Paleo Detox Smoothie: Berry Cherry Green Edition - April 18, 2023
- How To Make Spicy Paleo Paprika And Thyme Veggie Fries - April 18, 2023
- 15 Mouthwatering Keto Apple Recipes You Need To Try Today - April 18, 2023